fredag 20. januar 2012

First Few Days

This is my first blog post ever, so I don't know how interesting this will be...

I have been in Peru for a few days now and I love it! My mom is here with us but we were here one day before the rest of the group because there was some issue with getting a visa to enter the United States. I have a US passport so I ended up just going by myself at the last minute and met my mom in Miami. Our flight was delayed 3 hours so we ended up being in the airport for 10 hours and it was freezing!!! But I was happy because I could use my American phone and didn't have to pay international costs. (:

Anyways, the first hotel we stayed (in Lima) at was pretty interesting because there were a bunch of animals and birds just walking around there. I think there was 3 turtles, a parrot, another bird, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 peacocks, and a bunch of pigeons and little birds. I took some cool pictures there. Here are a few:


























After we stayed at that hotel, we took an 8-10 hour bus ride (I don't remember how long it took) but it was such a nice bus! I had the best seat along with Espen, Andrea, and Meltzer which was on the second level of the bus, right in front. The view was awesome and the scenery was beautiful all along the coast. We got to the hostel we are at now after dark, but we could still see that it was write across the street from the beach! Woohoo! (: All 8 of the girls are staying in one room with 4 bunk beds. My mom has a room to herself and Ivar and Espen have a room together but new people have come to stay in the same room every day.. I'm glad to be sharing a room with people I know!

We have just been relaxing and walking around and looking at all the shops and getting sunburned and I got pretty sick yesterday.. but I'm feeling well today though, and now I'm just waiting for Spanish classes to begin. We had one yesterday but it was just a review for me because I've studied Spanish for 3 years. It's coming back to me, but I sometimes mix a few words with Norwegian.. Oh well!


Hopefully this wasn't too lame or boring, maybe my next blog will be better (:

-Laila <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar