fredag 3. februar 2012

5 Days in Humacchuco Village

Not many people can say they lived in a village up in the Andes for almost a week. I was lucky enough to experience that along with my mom, Maja, Espen, Anette, Andidela, Betty, Mariaflor, Sebastian, Jose Luis, Peter, Clever, & Yuli.

We hadn't even gotten up to the village yet and I saw a lady break a chickens neck and let the blood drain out.. I love to eat meat but after that, I wasn't so sure. I guess if I'm going to be able to eat meat, I should be able to see that. It was just not what I wanted to see that day.




When we actually arrived at the village, we were greeted by all of the people living there with flowers. They were all unique bouquets and very beautiful. (: We were served potatoes and cheese as a snack, which could've been lunch. We were fed so well there! Lots of potatoes and soup though, but everything was very delicious and obviously fresh. A big part of the day was used for preparing food.

Preparing Lunch!

We did a few hikes, which were pretty difficult. One reason why is because of the altitude, which made for less oxygen and less energy. I made it through one hike, but the next one was a little too difficult for me and I only made it 2 hours in. There was a beautiful lagoon at the top but I only got to see pictures. I'm glad I tried, though!

Our rooms were quite nice, but really cold! There was no heat or fireplace and it was actually warmer outside a lot of the times. I thought the beds were super comfortable though, and we were kept warm with 5 thick blankets on top of us. We were lucky to have a proper bathroom, even with a shower. I never used it though because the water was ice cold. :P I washed my hair a few times by pouring buckets of warmed up water over by hair. It worked just fine!

Con nuestra "familia" (:
It was a good experience and an opportunity for many interesting pictures. I'm glad I got to spend it with the people who were with me and hope they enjoyed it too. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar